Wednesday 1 October 2014

Letter from Jennifer...

Hello everyone !!

It has been 8 wonderful years since I excitedly opened the doors to Scrapbookin' Adventures in that cute little house on Corfield St. in Parksville and boy have things changed for my family in that time.

At the time I had a 5 year old girl who was just starting to ride ponies and this adorable baby boy who was barely one. I spent 7 days a week working hard to offer you all the most beautiful and wonderful supplies to surround your photos in albums for your family for years to come.

I took workshops to learn how to create and teach workshops, and I went from instructing one on one private classes to sharing my designs with up to 100 women at a time.

I've been fortunate enough to travel and work with the best in the industry and am happy to call many of them my friends. I've literally cut thousands of pieces of pretty patterned paper and yes, I've used more than my fair share of adhesive over the years. I have worked with incredible design teams and continue to do so today. It truly is a passion for me and I am very lucky to be able to continue to share my creativity with so many.

I've worked tirelessly to create our top selling workshop for the past 5 years and have hosted incredibly successful creative weekends to celebrate one after another-fabulous years in business working with all of you. What a treat it has been to share my days with you. I am beyond thankful for all that this little scrapbook store has given to me and will always be very thankful to each of you for sharing in this journey.

Having said all of this, I have decided to move forward from Scrapbookin' Adventures. As many of you already know, my family and I recently made a move from Vancouver Island to Calgary, Alberta. It was a fairly spontaneous decision, but one that we are very happy about. Emma and Alex were accepted into an incredible private school here and they are thriving in just the few short weeks since we settled into our new city. I am using Google Maps more than I ever have before but enjoy the conveniences that a big city offers while still enjoying the country life that I love so much. We have kept our home on the Island and look forward to visiting as often as the kids' schedules will allow. I hope to see some of you out and about when I am 'home' ...... I am still involved in the industry working with Design Teams and may even begin teaching here in the coming months ..... As I've learned, you never know what life will bring your way !! If you want to keep up on what's new in my world you can follow my blog ..... I took a break over the summer but will be back at it ASAP with some fun new projects!!

I know you're all wondering what this means for Scrapbookin' Adventures. For now it is business as usual. The girls are so excited about all the new stock that has been arriving and are busy creating new workshops for you as I type !! Having said that, I have decided to sell my store. I hope that the new owner simply takes over and moves forward in the manner that you are all accustomed to. We want you to still be able to enjoy beautiful product in a clean and tidy shop with exceptional workshops and service. While we look for this next creative soul, please make sure to continue visiting the girls in store, taking a class and coming in for all your fave supplies for the next great project you have planned !!

Thank you all for so many years of laughter and friendship. I am very grateful for you all and look forward to my future here and will definitely be keeping up on everything you crafty Scrapbookin' Adventures ladies are up to !!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Edwardson

Owner - Scrapbookin’ Adventures
www.3dfoamandasandingblock.blogspot.com

All serious inquiries regarding the purchase of Scrapbookin’ Adventures are to be directed to Jennifer Edwardson via email at jenniferedwardson@me.com

No comments:

Post a Comment