Wednesday 4 November 2015

Wednesday Inspiration

It's mid-week and I wanted to share some creative thoughts with you all to give you a little inspiration for the rest of the week....
 
Up until the past year or so I have very few pictures with me in them....of course, I'm always the one behind the lens.....don't get me wrong, we have had professional family photos done....but the day to day shots rarely included me......and I finally realized how I needed to change this.
 
I now make a strong effort to take shots of me with family and friends AND also of just me.  That's right....I do take photos of just me!!!  This was a major shift for me.  I have realized how important to me it is that my children look back and remember me not only as their mom, but also as a person myself!!!  I want them to know that I do have passions....that I love running and escaping in the trails, I love dropping them at school and grabbing my morning coffee, I love getaways with girlfriends, I love vacations where the kids stay home.....all these things I also love make me better at my #1 job of being a mom.  Of course 95% (or more) of the photos I take will be of my children or family, but I will continue going forward to document who I am and what I love.  I know for sure they will look at this and be inspired to love their lives and document it just the same.
 
So......here's a layout of me the other day......
And something else fun with this layout....I created it only with a 6 x 6 paper pad and embellishments!!!  It was a great way to use the paper pad and get away from using it solely for cards!
 
I encourage you ALL to document who you are and what you love....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment