Thursday 21 January 2016

Thoughtful Thursday

Over my years of memory keeping and scrapbooking I have learned a lot.....I have evolved and changed my techniques and methods......but over the past year I have learned what is now my #1 most important tip to all scrapbookers...   
WRITE IT DOWN......when you hear or see something that touches your heart, makes you laugh, brings tears to your eyes, or you simply don't want to forget.....make sure to write it down as quick as possible.  I use notes in my iPhone very often for saving quotes from moments in time I never want to forget and dates too.  I do use my journals as well; however most often I have my iPhone handy.

I created this layout for one purpose........to remember one special quote....




I have always relied on memory for my journalling, which rarely included direct quotes from those I love......up until a special fishing trip with my dad.  Being that he was battling cancer, I started to cling to everything he said......as we left the marina and started to head in to open waters he said with a twinkle in his eye "I start to get excited when I come around the corner".  It brought tears to my eyes.  I grabbed my phone and wrote it down.  I am so grateful for this.  I have since continued to save little quotes from those around me and now love revisiting them often in both my scrapbooking and daily life!  It is super simple and you will be thankful if you do the same.

One of my fav quotes for you today....

'Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory'  ~ Dr. Suess

Do something that makes you smile today!

No comments:

Post a Comment